Thursday, September 20, 2012

Shoulder woes

After having about 5 weeks off upper body training my shoulder is feeling a little better.  It doesn't ache so much during the day but still cant get a good night's sleep , if I roll onto it while I'm asleep I wake with it aching. I still need Naprosyn to deal with the inflammation.

Most frustrating is that I cant get under the bar to squat.  Fortunately at ESP there is a multitude of bars to choose from so with a SSB I'm able to keep training.  I've been truing a cambered bar, but it take about 20 mins before I can reasonably deal with the bar. but cannot grip the bar tight.  Benching is painful in a different way, it just very tight and weak.  Deadlifting - no problem  :-)

Back to the physio, and he's not too happy with the progress and the fact that in some position where I should have no pain, I have pain without any force or pressure being exerted.  So, its back to Ben next week to organize an MRI to check for any tears or labral damage.


2 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.