Monday, January 25, 2010

Jan 25 2010

Hooray for Holidays!

2 weeks off to enjoy sleeping in and doing nothing in particular!

Finally started back training last week after having almost 3 weeks off to let my body have a much needed recovery. The 4 week shieko plan I followed before Christmas was certainly different and I'm going to give it a bit more of a run up to the first comp of the year in April.  I've started out on the Dave Bates 12 weeks reduced volume equipment cycle which Steve Pritchard recommended. Being that last week was 12 weeks to the comp made the program perfect.

Last week was hard, my motivation was down and the weights all felt heavy, but by the third workout I was finally staring to feel a little better and suitably sore the next day.

I'm having to re-shuffle my training plans around a bit too, I've enrolled in French language lessions which are being held on Wednesday evenings, so now I'm training on Tues, Thurs and Saturday's with swimming being put off to Friday's.  Actually I went last Friday and it was surprisingly quiet at the pool - I like that!

I had hoped to make a return to the saddle this year also but I'm not sure how I'm going to squeeze it in now with DARC also being on Satuday mornings its going to clash with my training.  Mind you, Mojo has no shoes on at the moment so cant be ridden anyway....

Rumour has it that the gradings are being increased, I hear by around 5%. For me this will mean that I drop back from Elite II to A Grade  based on my current total and Elite I is bumped out of my immediate reach. Not that I think its a bad thing, probably Elite I and II were a bit easy to get, after all it should only be the best of the best. And it keeps that carrot dangling in front of me.  We'll know more later in the week.

=====

No comments: