Saturday, January 30, 2010

Jan 30 2010

Have felt like crap all this week. Almost like flu symptoms.  Thursday night I should have been deadlifting 140kg suited but could barely raise 105kg raw.  Needless to say I called it quits and didn't even bother putting the suit on.  That night I felt feverish in bed, but was too lazy to get out of bed and take some panadol - dreamt that I did tho' and it was so real - must have been hallucinating!

So in all honesty this week hasnt been brilliant for training with me skipping some of the prescribed work from the Sheiko program I'm following.  Next week will be better!

On a more positive note my trip to Europe is booked.  My niece Robyn is coming with me.  We leave here on September 25th and arrive in Prague on September 26 then make our way to Pilsen for the World Masters Powerlifting Championships which runs for a week.  Then well head back to Prague for a day or two. On to Paris via Frankfurt by train and over to London via the Eurostar train. We have a few days siteseeing around London before heading off on our Trafalgar tour for 20 days seeing 11 countries in Europe.

The Itineraray is like this:
London, Paris, Avignon, Barcelona, Nice, Monte Carlo, Florence, Rome, Venice, Vienna, Innsbruck, Lucerne, Rhineland, Amsterdam and finally back to London before flying home again on October 30.  Back in time for Melbourne Cup!  :-)

The other good news this week is that I am still graded as Elite II, just scraping in above the cutoff of 405kg total with the 407.5kg that I lifted at Nationals last year.  Phew!  Mind you Elite I is now another 35kgs away requiring a 440kg total - previously 420kg.

Here's the Powerlifting Australia announcement:

Sizeable increases to grading/qualifying totals with release of 2010 PA Regulations (29/01/10)

The 2010 Powerlifting Australia Regulations has now been released with the major interest surrounding the changes in the grading scales / qualifying totals. The gradings have increased 3-5% across the board as the quality of lifting in the country and the enhancement of supportive gear has improved over the last few years.

Direct ink to qualifying totals / grading  page

 

=====

No comments: