Tuesday, March 22, 2011

March 22, 2011

Made my return to weightlifting last week!  No snatches, no jerks, just some light cleans, bar presses and high pulls.  Felt good! Felt real good!  Will head over to Phoenix again tonight and then from next week should be able to up the pace to 2 times a week.

Bench is going to be a slow recovery, strength just inst there and its sooooo frustrating.  Tested my max at the weekend  - 40kgs -  Forty lousy kilos. sigh........   I'm not looking good for an appearance at Nationals  :-(

Squat is coming up nicely tho'. Regaining strength. Max squat Monday morning saw me under the cambered bar with reverse bands and half suit  - gotta love reverse bands!  60x5, 80x5, 100x5, 120x5, 140x3, 150x3, 160x2

Bit disappointed with my assistance work. Rack pulls against bands.  All was going well until I put the final big bands on and it was a no go....   previous best (pre surgery) was all bands on plus  a 10kg plate.  Definitely room for improvement. there.  Maybe next week I'll do a max deadlift test.....   Will discuss that with the physio tomorrow...  about maxing out that is.

Big weekend coming up.  Not for me actually but the lifting community in general.  PA Raw Nationals on Saturday, PA Vic State titles (ughh unable to defend my title...  boooo)  CAPO have their state titles also on Sunday and this weekend is the Weightlifting club championships being held in QLD.  Unfortunately due to the PA comps and not being able to be in two places and once I wont be able to watch Rhys compete in the CAPO comp.  Would really have liked to have been there to cheer him on....   Hmmm Still in two minds really about which comp to go to....   At least the weightlifting is out of the question being interstate! :-)

I've got my weight down to 64.5kg now and from tomorrow I'm going to try out a 4 day cutting program to see if I can drop down to 63 by Saturday morning.  Perhaps if I ask nicely one of the refs will let me jump on the comp scales...

No comments: