Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Tired and sore

Left quad has been sore all weekend, and not that lactic kind of soreness but rather like I've strained something.... Anyway wasn't too sure if it would impact my next training session. Went into the gym, prepared to walk back out again if necessary. I don't mind training thru pain, but I'm not a believer in training thru an injury as I find it makes the recovery slower and its ultimately detrimental to any progress.


Squat

Warmed up with the bar for 2 sets of 10, 2 sets of 40kg - 6 reps, 65kg - 6 reps, 75kg - 6 reps (so far so good)
85kg - 5 sets of 5 (90 sec rest) - hard but not even a twinge from the quad - all good.

Deadlift

Off a 2 inch platform, wide, overhand grip, conventional stance, no belt but wrist straps used.
warmed up with 60kg - 6 reps, 80 kg - 6 reps 100kg - 8 sets of 3 reps (90 sec rest)

Yes I know - squat went up by 5kg, deadlift down 10kg - however wide, overhand grip made it more difficult. Not to mention the platform!


Have not slept well the past 2 nights.... Sunday night was, well, my own fault, sort of.... Joanne dropped over for dinner and a chat.... 3 coffee's later and I could not get to sleep..... So last night I expected to crash, especially after training, but again - broken sleep, every little noise woke me and there were plenty.... Something scratching in the ceiling, birds I think... I hope... nesting in the roof cavity, dog barking, text messages from Leigh ( awwww :-) ) and then this awful scratching again in the ceiling at 3 am.... I lay there planning a murderous attack on whatever is up there.....

Tonight I will sleep! I will.....

No comments: