Thursday, January 20, 2011

Jan 20, 2011

Progress at last!!!   That snapping catching sensation that's been going on in my shoulder has finally gone away.  The rehab is getting easier and the most exciting thing this week is that I can now move my arm enough to change gears in the car.  Whoooo   the Civic is back on the road!!   Its all coming together, even sleeping better this week.  Cant wait for my 2nd physio appt on Monday, I think Simon will be surprised how well I'm doing - and I've been good, haven't pushed it, just followed the guidelines that he set down.....  yay! Progress!

Also earlier this week I had my review appt with the surgeon, Mr.Hoy.  He's please with my range of movement or lack thereof,  nice and stiff - LOL.  Made a note that I still have some numbness at the front of the delt,  probably as it gets more use it will regain feeling - the bicep is functioning so but nothing to be too concerned about. At the time of the appt I was still getting a few catches in the shoulder which he put down to the bicep tendon moving over the repair site.  Its settled down now tho as I mentioned already.

Of course still no benching but keeping up the right hand upper body work, one arm rowing, pressing and overhead press and of course various forms of squatting on the other days. Mostly technique still - cant really put a lot of weight shoulder or the belt.  When I see the physio I'm gonna bring up the idea of the zercher harness, have a pic of Bro using it to show him how it works and I'll ask again about the SSB  - hands free of course.

Training week in review:

Monday - heavy (as much as possible...) power squat.
Worked up to a PR 5 !/2 plates
Sled 8 trips 20kg
Back raise 20g  4x15
situps 4x12 (glute/ham)
rehab

Wednesday - Belt squat (technique)
Low box 2 plates 8x5
Back attack 30kg 4x12
Glute/ham raise 5x5
rehab

Tomorrow - speed power squat.....

No comments: