Thursday, January 31, 2008

Toe saga

I've been off Mobic for about 3 weeks now and I have to admit that this past week my big toe has been quite sore again - to the point where I'm limping at times..... So I have reluctantly filled my last script and started taking Mobic again as of yesterday - Once again the result is almost immediate, within a few hours the pain is gone and I can walk freely. The surgery has definitely made the joint more mobile but the pain is still a problem. To this end I am considering making a followup appointment with Dr Blackney to discuss the ongoing pain management. We'll see.....

Last week also saw me in hospital for a minor procedure, womens heath stuff. In and out of hospital same day. When the surgeon asked if I had any questions - before I could even ask , he raised his hand and said... "no sex for 72 hours" I laughed and asked... "More importantly, when can I train??". "72 hours...." I was back in the gym 24hrs later training chest and back.... light of course.

Prior to all this I trained at Doherty's with Leigh on both Friday evening (bi's, tri's and calves) and Monday (squat) with Leigh supervising and correcting my squat technique. Started out with some jump squats and jumping with the bar from a static start. Followed up with partial hack squats, again concentrating on getting out of the bottom.

Saturday, the annual DARC ride to the pub for lunch. Got up the paddock at 9am only to discover that Mojo had lost a back shoe. Put the boot on and set off to meet Jane at Claire's paddock. As we entered the state forest, something spooked Mojo and he did the wild pirouette dance and loosened off one of his front shoes - Great (not). With a loose shoe the ride to the pub became a 'walk' to the pub and I had to arrange for Jane to come back after lunch with her float and take us back the to the paddock. Anthony is coming today (Thursday) to re-shoe Mojo. I hope it stops raining.....

Loads of work done in the garden this week, barrowing mulch up from garage level up to the back garden area and taking soil down to the garden bed outside the garage where I've planted some pittosporums.

Bought a Garden arch from the nursery, hoping it would fit into the back of the truck, but no... had to disassemble it and reassemble after carrying it bit by bit up the back yard and also planted a new weeping cherry where the old one had died.

I missed training on the Monday, as I'm on holidays I forgot that being a public holiday for Australia Day the gyms hours were shorter and so I fronted to the gym 5 minutes after it had closed, then Tuesday with all the gardening work (above) it was too late in the evening..... so I ended up doing my next squat session at Definition on the Wednesday morning. Same again, jump squats, squatting against the wall, low smith squats (no hacksquat at Definition) and finished with bent knee good mornings.

Last night had the clan around for dinner, the girls, Leigh and Andrew - mayhem prevailed as usual! Sleep in late this morning, listening to the rain - doesnt look like I'll be doing any gardening today.

My backyard... well part of it

No comments: