Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Priscilla and the tiger snake


Priscilla, my lovely Birman cat, is currently in the ICU of the Lort Smith Animal Hospital having been bitten by a Tiger snake last week.



Last Thursday she looked like she had conjunctivitis and she's had that before which I've treated
by bathing her eye with a saline solution, unusual tho' that her face was swollen.

Friday morning she couldn't be found and when I saw her Friday evening the swelling and conjunctivitis had subsided.

Saturday, however she was quite limp, not eating or drinking and breathing poorly so I took her to the Vet.  They could not find anything wrong  and suspected a throat infection or foreign object in the throat, but they did not have the equipment to check. They treated her with fluids, antibiotics and an antihistamine and she picked up a little.

Sunday, however, she had deteriorated so badly that I rushed her to the animal hospital - it was all a mystery still.  Blood tests didn't reveal anything and they put her on IV fluids in the ICU.

Monday the Vet rang and asked to do another blood test, specifically for snake bite and there it was - Tiger snake bite, but by now it was too late to give her anti-venom. So she is still in ICU, on pain relief, IV fluids and antibiotics. Luckily she still has a gag reflex so they are able to syringe feed her and we just have to wait and hope that she can pull thru.

With all this going on I still managed to get to the gym and train, its really the only place I can put this all out of my head....

Highlights....

Saturday:  Shirted 2-board press.
Raw Full ROM - 40x5, 50x5, 60x5
2-Board - 70x3, 80x3, 90-fail
Shirted 2-Board 90x3, 100x3, 105x3, 110x3, 115x2 120x1 125 x fail (twice)

Monday: Max Box squat - straight weight.
1/2 suit & knee sleeves: 60x5, 80x5, 100x5, 120x3, 130x3, 130x1 (misload), 140x1
1/2 suit & knee wraps: 150x1, 160x1 (PR!)

Struggled doing glute/ham raise after that!  :-)

Later on that day at work....

"A parcel has arrived for you at reception"

Whoo-hoo!!! Finally something to smile about!  Cristy from Blackmores has come thru for me.  My Blackmores Sports kit has arrived.   WOW!  Take a look at these goodies.



How awesome are Blackmores.  The bag will be so handy, now I can keep my bench stuff in one bag and my squat / deadlift gear in another.  It will make it so much easier than packing and unpacking for each session - as I do in the boot of my car....!  And now I have another shaker, ohh the convenience... I can have one for my pre-workout stuff which I take on the way to training and one for my post workout. I can
have them ready the previous night, already pre-dosed with the Blackmores protein powder - ProPower, just add water and I'm good to go.  And just look quantity they've given in the pack - not just a single serve sample but full tub and full box of sachets of ProDefinition!!

Thanks Blackmores`!!   And thanks Cristy!!

No comments: