Friday, April 27, 2012

Sick

Well isn't that just shyte timing!  Work up Wednesday morning and felt like I's swallowed a pack of razor blades. Erghhhh.  Skipped training  - not completely, I went Thursday morning instead, but still not so great an effort.  Speed bench with bands, 40kg felt like 40 tonne.  Same this morning for Speed squats.  Spider bar with chains 8x2 a struggle at 95kg.  Rack pulls - worked up to 3 triples at 160kg.  I'm not a big believer in pushing too hard when you're sick.  I think you have to let your body recover and by training hard you're just breaking down your body even more. So I'm not phased by my lest than spectacular sessions - tomorrow wont be much better I think....


I'll start on my Blackmores proteins next week, I want to evaluate them properly so best I wait until I'm a little  more recovered.  Cristy has also given me access to the  My Blackmores Personal Health System.  which I've just set up for myself, with the program to start on Monday.  This will help me record and evaluate my achievements and goals although I wasn't sure whether to go for the sports program or the weight loss one ( ie. to get back down to my weight class for Worlds.  I chose the "Sport & Fitness" program for now.  The online Nutrition diary looks awesome!  This is going to be fun!


Priscilla Update....

Priscilla is still in hospital, she lost her gag reflex which is needed for swallowing safely and so they operated on Wednesday to put a feeding tube into her stomach.  The had to wait 24hours before being able to feed her via the tube. Unfortunately the tube is too small so they're going back in to surgery today to put a larger tube in.  Fingers crossed for her, please!


No comments: