Friday, September 08, 2006

I am Woman, Hear me roar

I am woman, hear me roar
In numbers too big to ignore
And I know too much to go back an' pretend
'cause I've heard it all before
And I've been down there on the floor
No one's ever gonna keep me down again

CHORUS
Oh yes I am wise
But it's wisdom born of pain
Yes, I've paid the price
But look how much I gained
If I have to, I can do anything
I am strong (strong)
I am invincible (invincible)
I am woman

You can bend but never break me
'cause it only serves to make me
More determined to achieve my final goal
And I come back even stronger
Not a novice any longer
'cause you've deepened the conviction in my soul

-Words and Music by Helen Reddy and Ray Burton


Am I good or what? Towed the float for the first time and managed to back it up onto the nature strip when I returned. I'm ready for the trip to Flinders... Well actually I'll have a another practice run towing the float before then. Easier than I expected. Dont know why everyone at pony club makes such a fuss about it.

Had my riding lesson on the weekend at DARC, Pretty slow one - just a couple of jumps - mostly theory followed by the most boring dressage lesson I have ever had. The instructor was ahhh 'not pleasant' Mojo was being a pain too -
throwing his head all over the place and slipping the bit under his tongue - which made for an unpleasant ride. Relaxed a little after the ride with a glass of wine and a chat, then rode home again. Funny how he behaved really well on the way home!

Trained with Shaz on Thursday afternoon. Benching - correcting my technique which has slipped over the past few weeks. Not terribly happy with my performance - I expected more of myself! 70 kg felt unusually heavy and uncontrolled. Have to admit my triceps were a little sore, couldnt figure out why - then I remembered, yesterday I had told Andrea that I have been getting some pain in the elbow joints and so he massaged both my arms - very hard.

Sunday - Hawks Vs Mornington. Very tight game, both teams playing well and kept within 2 points until half time. Unfortunately for us, Mornington were just too good on the day and beat our girls by about 12 points. Final position - 4th on the ladder. The the end of the basketball season for this year. Madi's not to keen to take up again next year - we'll see in a few weeks if she still feels the same.

Caught up with Shaz breifly at the BBQ at her place - a little under the weather from partying the night before - no sympathy from me - self inflicted pain!! LOL Then had to rush home and pick up the girls to head over to my sisters for dinner with her and Dad. Yummy roast dinner! Roast beef - my favorite.

Not too lat a night as we all have early starts Monday. Leah is off for her clinical rotations - part of her training as a nurse. Madi is on 'City project' at school which involves getting into places of interest around the city in small groups and answering project questions.

I'll be off to my last bench session this week shortly - no more before the comp. So better wind up and get his published. Sorry no new pics. Promise to have some soon tho' (any budding photographers out there??)

Love Vicki xxx

No comments: