Friday, July 04, 2008

Holidays.....

Holidays...

Well from work at least. Two weeks at home, sleeping, eating, training.....

Talking of the latter, have had a good week. Despite the pain in my hip, I had a good squat session on Monday. As the pin height gets lower for the partials I can really feel it working in my hips and glutes.

Some niggling joint pain in my elbow on Tuesday night - well not so much pain as an aching feeling... George suggested I might be coming down with the flu or such. Or perhaps I need to supplement with zinc and magnesium. I am seriously going to have to get myself a supplement sponsor!! Any sponsor! Someone to chip in the airfare for the nationals... some new Inzer lifting suits.... ahhh dreaming again.

A couple of visits to Andrea (Chiro) have started to sort out my shoulder problem and I even managed a massive 20lb overhead press - whoo-hoo! LOL I'm happy to be making some progress with this. At least I am dumbell pressing much better than a month ago. Still sticking with the close grip bench press for now tho' I want to protect my shoulder a little longer.

Wed night - rest.

Thursday - at Doherty's. Bought a four month membership off a lady who was traveling to Europe for 6 months - bargain price. Trained back - bodybuilder style:
Lat pulldowns 8 reps @ 40,40,50,60,60,60.
chest supported row 8 reps @ 30, 40, 50 and 60.
Reverse grip pulldown machine 8 reps @ 20kg,40kg,60kg,70kg,75kg.
Dumbbell rows 8 reps @ 12.5kg, 17.5kg, 22.5kg, 22.5kg.

Then 10 mins or so on the treadmill waiting for Angela to show so we could sign her membership over.

Tonight - rest

Tomorrow - Deadlifting at D's with Leigh

Sunday - rest

Monday - squat......

and the cycle starts over....

Sent an email off to Steve at Southern Powerlifting, introducing myself and making some inquiries about joining their club and federation. I think this will be my last year with CAPO.

On a lighter note: I chucked a couple of 'pre-packaged' ceasar salad things in the shopping trolley at the weekend - always on the lookout for simple, healthy-ish lunch things. YUMMMM! These Mrs Crockets ceasar salads were DELISH!! Anyway - after googling them and finding their website, in the hope that they sell the dressing as a separate item (then I can make HUGE salads...) I left some feedback on their website saying how much I loved their ceasar salad and asking if the dressing was available for sale (I wouldn't normally do this - you can see how much I liked it....) So later in the afternoon I got a call from them (From Queensland!) - thanking me for the feedback... unfortunately they don't sell the dressing but the guy said he would pass my great comments on to their marketing dept. What a hoot, I didn't think anyone actually read those feedback things! Well anyway here's a plug for them MRS CROCKETS CEASAR SALAD ROCKS !!! Maybe they will sponsor me ?! LOL I think they will become a part of my 'diet' while I try to drop 5kgs over the next few months...

3 comments:

Hiram CODD said...

I notice that your bottom appears to be getting , how would you say, more shapely? You know, larger and rounder. Is this the effect you were hoping for? What would you suggest to achieve this state of largishness?

James said...

Hola Vickster. Can't get to sleep for whatever reason so writing crap to just about eveyone. Sound like you're going good. Have an awesome break.

James said...

Hola Vickster. Can't get to sleep for whatever reason so writing crap to just about everyone. Sound like you're going good. Have an awesome break.