Sunday, January 04, 2009

January 4th

Welcome to 2009 - Boy the year is moving fast. Cant believe its the fourth already! New Years resolutions... NONE. I'm already perfect.

However I am starting out the year with a new (sort of..) direction, in so far as, for those who don't know, I have resigned from CAPO and joined up to Powerlifting Australia. Target competition is Melbourne Open on April 4th (re: countdown above right). My reasons for leaving CAPO, well there are a couple, but mostly I want some legitimate recognition for my lifts and to compete at an international level - this kind of opportunity is not realistically available via CAPO. SO the plan is to get my qualifying total in at the Melbourne so that I can compete at Nationals later in the year and all going to plan I'll get a decent total at Nationals that will qualify me for Worlds.

Zoo report:



Feeding time for the lions

And up close


Leah and Madii

Olivia and Andrew

Cashy & Madii

Me - LOL

Started the new year with a squat session at D's with Leigh. Worked up to 5reps @75 before wrapping the ever delicate knees and settling in for 6 sets of 3 reps @90 while Leigh Box squatted and did some super impressive deep front squats. Followed this up with some gay leg press; 4 sets of 8 pausing at the bottom for an explosive press. Then off in search of a coffee shop that would be open on NY day.

Speaking of which, I saw a sign in the window of the Toby's Estate cafe which has been teasing me for the past 6 months waiting for it to open. Finally the council has given their approval (I wonder who slept with who to get that !) Anyway... YAY!!!!!!! Its opening!! They're looking for barista's too - fulltime / parttime. I'm gonna see if they'll let me do 'work experience'. Really, I'd like to do it! I mean, after all, I do have my barista certificate from Lavazza. I would be way cool to get some experience on a commercial machine. Of course I will still love my Rancillio Silvia (in an objectaphile kind of way - LOL)

Back to training stuff. Speed bench with SPL at MBS again on Tuesday and then followed up with a max bench session on the Saturday- double at 75kg - failed at 80kg - ran out of steam.

=====

No comments: