Tuesday, April 03, 2007

The outlook is good for a big big squat!

The new squat suit fits like a glove.... a glove 10 sizes too small. After searching thru my knickers draw for an 'appropriate' pair of knickers (side track - why are they a pair when there is only one?) anyway's.... trying to find something that will retain some modesty, yet not bunch up, when I remove my shorts and don the suit in the middle of Doherty's gym. Boy leg, no, g-string, definite no, Brazilian, no, satin boxer, no...... finally pulled out a Bonds string knicker (ohh good - red, that will add to Leigh's stress levels when I strip off - do I have another colored pair? No?) Red it is...

Off I go to Doherty's... No walkouts tonight, straight into lockouts - too easy (except the bar keeps slipping down my back) - off with the T-shirt - thankfully I have a Bella crop top underneath ( hmmm red again - Leigh is going to think I've conspired to tease him - LOL.) On the last set Webby wrapped my knees - soooo tight 'He' was groaning!! Damn that hurts, legs very quickly going numb, lucky I don't have to bend too much to get under the bar - 3 reps... Done! Next - squatting between pins 3 reps each set, off the bottom and hitting the upper pins about 3/4 the way up. Hitting the pins above threw my balance out and so it was difficult to come backup for the 2nd and 3rd rep.

Finally it was time to try out the squat suit - It took two very large powerlifters (Leigh and Webby) quite some time to force me into the suit (even with the suit slippers) - and it hurt like all hell on the legs (nice deep bruises on the inside of my thighs today that I can feel but not see) then the belt pinched when it was done up and I couldn't breath - the sympathy from the boys was overwhelming... (overwhelmingly absent!) such is life.... tried with 100kg - ughhh to light, cant get down (and I can already feel the suit pulling me out of line) tried another couple of times - heavier, still no good. In the end even with 142.5kg I could not get all the way down and I totally lost my balance - good catch by Webby to get me back up. Time to get the squat suit off, rolled it down ok but ohhh trying to get it off my legs.... the pain!! well if I was girl I would have cried but I'll leave the crying to Jason.... (Yeah - gloves are off guys.... calling me a girl, picking on the color of my new suit, snickering at my westside training, and getting in cahoots together to suck me into Leigh's 'magic tricks'.... its war boys!)

Completed the supps - but didn't do the deadlift test (nor good mornings squats) after what I'd just gone thru it was pointless. Suitcase deadlifts - lifting the bar at the side with one @ 40kg. Busdrivers - not even going to attempt to explain this one - just to say it's a core exercise (and this is what the 'little children" were poking fun at). Last of all weighted hypers with 20kg dumbbell.

Tony Torcasio from Max's was at the gym - a quick 'Hi' and then out looking for somewhere to have our post-training coffee after Leigh lent me once of his T-shirt's, which could easily have doubled as a dress had I had a belt with me...... had a bite to eat, as much as I needed it, its hard eating late after training - a protein shake might have been a better option - note to self pack some Max's post-workout power for after training next Monday night. Stayed out way too late, bad, bad, bad, but.... I enjoy Leigh's company a little too much! Home and in bed by 12.30 (am) ugghhhh have to get up in 5 hours and benching with Shaz this afternoon....... And supp's later at Definition....

2 comments:

Louise said...

Lol, Vicki, your description of The Suit sounds like as much fun as watching newbie scuba divers squeezing into 7mm hire wetsuits. ie, great fun, as long as you're the one watching.

Go the red undies!

Read This said...

I usually don't have a legion of fans to help put on my suit, lol...so here is what I do. I put it on as much as I can, then I go to an empty squat rack and put the pins about waist high. Then I put the empty bar between the straps, with the bar touching my back. Then I hang there, feet not touching....and squirm around until I am in. Not as fun as having a bunch of folks doing it...but it is efficient.