Saturday, January 20, 2007

Physio ---> Sports Doctor....

The appointment with the physio didn't go too well. The toe has been giving me trouble this past week, prior to the run - in fact the run didn't bother it so much as the one minute walking intervals. Joe cant explain it... the only thing that has changed is I stopped taking the anti-inflamms, however on the positive side, I do have more mobility in the toe than before. Upshot is that Joe wants me to get it investigated further with X-rays etc and a has referred me on to Ben Barassi (The sports doc that cortizoned my elbow a few weeks back). Made an appt with Dr Ben for next week. I wont be cortizoning this in a hurry as it will affect my comp prep and the problem doesn't really affect my lifting... just my walking! It may be even that there is a chipped bone or something. Anyway my main priority at the moment is to be ready for the upcoming comps in Feb and April. After that I can take whatever action is required since the Nationals are not until August. So best I have the problem investigated and be ready after the comps to get it fixed.


Best laid plan of mice and men..... Bought a book to read rather than watch another D grade movie, planted myself in the recliner to watch a bit of the news first and promptly fell asleep - until 9pm! woke up with a stiff neck and feeling dreadful, that horrible 'I've had a bit of sleep but not enough to feel good'. Stumbled up the stairs into the kitchen and brewed myself cuppa. Grabbed the book, the Haighs, the mobile and the coffee and dragged myself up some more stairs to my bedroom. Woke at 7.30 am still under a sleepy cloud.


After some mad rushing around in the morning I decided that I was going to be far too late to hook up the float, so drove up to the paddock and just rode Mojo down to the riding club. Thankfully they were running behind too. Eventually our class started, Gill Rolton is an excellent instructor, finally I understand my trot diagonals and which one I am meant to be on when left or right reining. YAY - the penny has dropped. Mojo was being a bit lazy, I guess the heat even tho we had light rain it was quite humid. I wasn't sure if I'd get him into a canter but he surprised me and moved up a gear easily. Left canter lead came easy to him, being an ex-racehorse, they run anti clockwise for their races. Right canter lead will need a lot more work - especially as I don't have the experience yet to tell if he's on the right lead yet. All up a great lesson. Looking forward to tomorrow afternoon's show jumping class. Gave Mojo a little extra 'show torque' in his dinner, hopefully he have a bit more 'zip' tomorrow.



Home, showered... oh glorious shower! after a day with Mojo.... Set about putting together a new chair for the study. One of those 'some assembly required' jobs. First step: put the wheels on, well they wouldn't bloody go on.... I hate to use brute force - generally when I do I break things.... but after several attempts at trying to coerce the wheels I started to lose it and just jammed the bloody thing into the slot - hey presto - it went in. Brute force it is!! and now proudly sitting on my construction while I type this update. Whoohoo go me.... out comes my theme song again....


I am woman, hear me roar
In numbers too big to ignore
And I know too much to go back an' pretend
'cause I've heard it all before
And I've been down there on the floor
No one's ever gonna keep me down again
Oh yes I am wise
But it's wisdom born of pain
Yes, I've paid the price
But look how much I gained
If I have to, I can do anything

I am strong (strong)
I am invincible (invincible)
I am woman


Pumped or what!! Am I good? You betcha! And on that note I'm gonna head off and have some coffee & chocolate! mmm -mmmm. Soooo good!


Vicki xxxx
PS. Salim..... stop pestering me when I'm online... It takes long enough to write my updates LOL. He wanted me to say that!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

oh yes i just told Miss Vicky to write this because i don't keep on annoying her while being on msn and she always keeps on ignoring me don't know why !!!although i keep on loving her style and her way she replies in little words to my very long sentence haha xoxo everyone LOVE YOU VICKY